These Santa hat cupcakes are easy to make, cute as can be and sure to please the kids. A fun holiday treat for Christmas!
Here is another fun Christmas Cupcake decorating idea! These Santa Hat Cupcakes really easy to pull off, even with minimal piping skills making them a great option for just about anyone! These Santa Hat Cupcakes are perfect for a Christmas party desserts table. Your family will love this idea!
Everyone loves cupcakes! These Santa hat cupcakes are festive for the holiday season, but they’re also easy to make. We use pre-made cupcakes so you can use any flavour you like, homemade from scratch or from a box mix. Either works.
How to Store Frosted Cupcakes
If you have left over frosted cupcakes, or want to assemble them ahead of time, they should be stored covered in plastic wrap or in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. If you choose to refrigerate make sure you are using an airtight container.
You can freeze the unfrosted cupcakes for up to 3 months in an airtight freezer container or resealable plastic bag if you want to get some of your baking out of the way early. Defrost at room temperature overnight before frosting.
About the Ingredients for Santa Claus Cupcakes
Cupcakes – Any type of cupcake works here. Use boxed mix or homemade. Vanilla, Chocolate or Red Velvet. It doesn’t matter. You can try my favourite chocolate cupcake recipe to make some from scratch!
Red frosting – You can colour some vanilla frosting to do this with red gel food colouring.
Mini Marshmallows – Regular or jumbo marshmallows won’t do. You really need the mini marshmallows for these cupcakes. No substitutes.
Looking for more Christmas Cupcake Ideas?
Check out some of my favourite Christmas cupcake recipes:
These sugar cookie North Pole cupcakes topped with a cute printable topper and candy cane are the perfect festive holiday treat for kids.
These Santa Claus Cupcakes are great for bringing to a Christmas party – such a fun idea to celebrate this winter holiday!
This festive and fun Christmas tree cupcakes recipe make a great treat for the holidays, featuring moist, fluffy homemade chocolate cupcakes!
Santa Hat Cupcakes
Yields: 12 Cupcakes | Prep time: 15 Mins | Cook time: 0 Mins
12 cupcakes, any flavour
mini marshmallows, cut in half
So easy and so cute, these cupcakes only take a few minutes too. Pre-cut your mini marshmallows in half so you don’t have to keep going back and cutting more. I didn’t count them but you’ll need a lot. 😉
Attach your tip and fill your decorating bag with red frosting.
Make a circle base of frosting on your cupcake (see photo).
Next, add the mini halved marshmallows around the ring (see photo).
Then fill in the circle with frosting and go a round and a round making the Santa hat. Top with a mini halved marshmallow as the ball on top of the hat (see finished photos).
Set the cupcakes in the fridge to set up a few minutes before serving.
- 12 cupcakes, any flavor but I think white or chocolate look the best
- red frosting
- mini marshmallows, cut in half
- Wilton decorating tip #32 – you really only a regular tip as you're just 'piling' the frosting to make a hat., optional but that is what I used
- disposable frosting bag
- So easy and so cute, these cupcakes only take a few minutes too. Pre-cut your mini marshmallows in half so you don't have to keep going back and cutting more. I didn't count them but you'll need a lot. 😉
- attach your tip and fill your decorating bag with red frosting.
- Make a circle base of frosting on your cupcake (see photo). Next, add the mini halved marshmallows around the ring (see photo).
- Then fill in the circle with frosting and go a round and a round making the Santa hat. Top with a mini halved marshmallow as the ball on top of the hat (see photo).
- Set the cupcakes in the fridge to set up a few minutes before serving.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Elizabeth Lampman is a coffee-fuelled Mom of 2 girls and lives in Hamilton, Ontario. She enjoys travelling, developing easy recipes, crafting, taking on diy projects, travelling and saving money!