Decorate your Christmas tree this year with your favourite emojis with this easy and adorable diy Christmas Ornament project. This tutorial covers both the Emoji Ornaments and the emoji poop ornament.
Lately Emoji’s have become a “thing” and if you love Emoji’s this is a project for you!
Clear plastic craft ornaments
Yellow, black, red, white, and light blue craft paint
Paper plate or paint palette
7/8″ silver ribbon
1. Carefully remove the top metal part from your ornament
2. Squirt a quarter size amount of yellow paint into your ornament, press your finger on to the top, and shake (add more paint if needed) to make sure the whole inside of the ornament is covered
3. Squirt a small amount of your black, red, white, and light blue paint onto your paper plate
4. To make your heart eyed emoji, paint a black half circle towards the bottom center of your ornament
5. Now paint two small red hearts above the black mouth and let dry
6. To make your laughing emoji, paint two black eyes and eyebrows, then paint a black half circle for the mouth and let dry
7. Now use your white paint to paint a white stripe close the to top of the mouth
8. Then paint on one light blue tear coming from each eye and let dry
9. Tie a 6″ piece of 7/8″ ribbon onto the top metal ring of each ornament
I am not sure why but everyone loves the poo emoji, and admittedly, it is strangely cute.
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup cornstarch
3/4 cup water
Brown food coloring
Brown craft paint
Silver extra fine glitter
Large googly eyes
Hot glue/hot glue gun
In a small pot, mix together your baking soda, corn starch, water, and a few drops of brown food colouring
Cook on medium heat and stir with a spatula until mixture starts to come together like play-dough (only takes about 2 minutes)
Place your hot dough in a bowl and cover with a damp paper towel until cool
Roll your dough out onto a piece of parchment paper with a touch of water to smooth your dough
Now separate your dough into two even dough balls, roll each dough ball into a long snake and start rotating it back and forth getting smaller and smaller as you get to the top to make a piece of poo
Use a little water on your finger to smooth your poo emoji out and lightly press down evenly into the poo emoji so creases stick together
Stick your straw into the top of the poo to poke a hole through
Set on your baking pan and bake on 175°F for 30 minutes, flip and bake for another 30 minutes
Let your poo emoji cool and then paint brown with your paint brush and brown paint
Sprinkle a small amount of glitter on top of your ornament and let dry
Hot glue your googly eyes on to the top center of your ornament
Now cut a half circle from your white felt and hot glue it right beneath the googly eyes
Place a piece of ribbon into the top hole and tie the two ends into a knot and hang on your Christmas tree
There you have it… homemade emoji ornaments!
Elizabeth Lampman is a coffee-fuelled Mom of 2 girls and lives in Hamilton, Ontario. She enjoys travelling, developing easy recipes, crafting, taking on diy projects, travelling and saving money!