I was inspired by the recent delivery of some amazingly fresh organic products by Donate Naturally (Review will be posted Friday so check back for that) to cook my family a treat for breakfast using the organic milk, eggs, apples and bakery fresh bread. French Toast immediately came to mind and I was able to come up with a delicious Maple-Walnut Apple Topping to go with it using these wonderful ingredients!
Take your French Toast from simple to over the top with this tasty topping recipe.
French Toast Ingredients
- 4 Thick Cut slices of Bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 Cup milk
- 1 tbsp Butter
Maple-Walnut Apple Topping Ingredients
- 2 medium sized apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp . Butter
- 2 Tbsp . Maple Syrup, or Table Syrup
- ¼ Cup chopped walnuts
Directions for French Toast with Maple-Walnut Apple Topping
- 1) Whisk the egg and milk in a large shallow bowl.
- 2) Evenly coat both sides each slice of bread in the egg mix.
- 3) Melt 1 tbsp butter over medium heat in frying pan.
- 4) Fry bread until until golden brown on each side. You may need to add more butter between slices.
- 5) Meanwhile, in a small pan, saute the sliced apples, butter, syrup and walnuts until the apples soften.
- 6) Top the French Toast with the topping and Serve.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
What is your favourite topping for French Toast?
Elizabeth Lampman is a coffee-fuelled Mom of 2 girls and lives in Hamilton, Ontario. She enjoys travelling, developing easy recipes, crafting, taking on diy projects, travelling and saving money!