I was inspired by the recent delivery of some amazingly fresh organic products by Donate Naturally (Review will be posted Friday so check back for that) to cook my family a treat for breakfast using the organic milk, eggs, apples and bakery fresh bread. French Toast immediately came to mind and I was able to come up with a delicious Maple-Walnut Apple Topping to go with it using these wonderful ingredients!
French Toast with Maple-Walnut Apple Topping
Take your French Toast from simple to over the top with this tasty topping recipe.
French Toast Ingredients
- 4 Thick Cut slices of Bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 Cup milk
- 1 tbsp Butter
Maple-Walnut Apple Topping Ingredients
- 2 medium sized apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp . Butter
- 2 Tbsp . Maple Syrup, or Table Syrup
- ¼ Cup chopped walnuts
Directions for French Toast with Maple-Walnut Apple Topping
- 1) Whisk the egg and milk in a large shallow bowl.
- 2) Evenly coat both sides each slice of bread in the egg mix.
- 3) Melt 1 tbsp butter over medium heat in frying pan.
- 4) Fry bread until until golden brown on each side. You may need to add more butter between slices.
- 5) Meanwhile, in a small pan, saute the sliced apples, butter, syrup and walnuts until the apples soften.
- 6) Top the French Toast with the topping and Serve.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
What is your favourite topping for French Toast?
Elizabeth Lampman is a coffee-fuelled Mom of 2 girls and lives in Hamilton, Ontario. She enjoys travelling, developing easy recipes, crafting, taking on diy projects, travelling and saving money!
Monday 26th of May 2014
This looks lincredible! I love anything apple. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
Sunday 25th of May 2014
I would love to have this as a birthday breakfast!
Friday 23rd of May 2014
Since I discovered this awesome recipe here I have been making it and enjoying it a lot.Thanks again for posting this one.I love it!
Sunday 4th of May 2014
This looks amazing, pinning for later and thank you for posting!!!!
Saturday 3rd of May 2014
Wow that sounds and looks so so good ! Thanks for the recipe!