Last Minute Meaningful Gifts on a Budget perfect for Christmas, Holiday Gift Exchanges and more! These are great DIY Gift Ideas people will love receiving!
If you aren’t finished with your list at this point, the panic may be setting in. Even more so if you’ve already busted your budget on other gifts. Thankfully there are many frugal gifts that are both lovely and budget friendly.
1) Make a Recipe Jar. Find your favourite recipe for a cookie, muffin, bean soup, etc… that you are sure the recipient will love. Layer the dry ingredients into a mason jar carefully. Use Ribbon to decorate and write the recipe on a pretty card.
2) Jam, Sauces and Chutney. Throughout the year if you are making homemade condiments like peach jam, consider jarring small jars as well for gifting. Need some now? You can make cranberry sauce, Tomato Salsa or chutney for just a few dollars and they do not take long to make!
3) Make a Donation. Donating to charity as a gift is a great idea to give to someone who seems to have everything. Even just a $20 donation helps.
4) Personalised Key-chains: Make these from old credit cards cut into thin rectangles. Mod Podge photos, patterned paper and other personalised touches. Then just hole punch.
5) Decorative Lyric Plate: Write lyrics, poetry or a message on a dollar store plate with a vitrea pen.
6) Faux Gilded Votives: Use a metallic sharpie and a doily to create cheap and beautiful one-of-a kind votives!
8) Bath Salts or Scrubs: There are plenty of great recipes out there for Bath Salts and Scrabs. Try out this one for Candy Cane Bath Salts or this one for Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar Scrub and a Sweet N’ Spicy Brown Sugar Scrub. Gingerbread Cookie Scrub and Gingerbread Body Butter make for a great duo that recipients will fall in love with!
10) Printed Candles – With a stamp and some plain old candles you can create something right out of a French Boutique!
Find more Ideas on my Meaningful Gifts on a Budget Pinterest Board!
Elizabeth Lampman is a coffee-fuelled Mom of 2 girls and lives in Hamilton, Ontario. She enjoys travelling, developing easy recipes, crafting, taking on diy projects, travelling and saving money!