Glass saucer (thrift stores are the perfect place to snag these for pennies)
¼ cup of white craft glue
2-3 drops of blue food coloring
2-3 drops of green food coloring
Sponge crafting brush, small
1. In your mixing bowl add the ¼ cup of glue.
2. Add in one drop of each of the food colorings at a time and mix. You want to gradually create the sea glass tint.
3. Continue adding a drop at a time of each of the colors and stirring until you get the hue you wish. You want a sea green color. You can sample the color by simply swiping it on a clear glass surface and seeing what it looks like. It will wipe away clean with soap and water.
4. Use the sponge to wipe the colored glue onto the glass. For this saucer, I applied the color to the top of the saucer. If you are worried about chipping should you be using the saucer for décor pieces, paint the underside.
5. Apply two coats, letting the coats dry in between applications.
6. Once your glue is totally dry, the colorful matte finish will appear.
Your sea glass saucer is now ready to be enjoyed!
Katie Femia is a blogger and YA author who loves stretching a buck, trying her hand at those Pinterest pins, and watching old black and white movies. A good day is one where she gets the chance to be creative and thrifty! You can see her latest projects at The Homespun Hydrangea.
Elizabeth Lampman is a coffee-fuelled Mom of 2 girls and lives in Hamilton, Ontario. She enjoys travelling, developing easy recipes, crafting, taking on diy projects, travelling and saving money!