Your kids listen to everything you say. It might not seem like it sometimes, especially when you’re telling them to do chores, but there is no getting around it. That’s why it’s important to always give your children words of encouragement.
The words you tell them should have meaning and should help give them a sense of worth and a feeling of love. As a parent, your words should help lift them up and make them feel like they can conquer the world and that they matter.
Not sure where to start? Here are a few words of encouragement for kids you should work on saying to your own kids more often.
30 Words of Encouragement for Kids
- I’m so proud of you.
- You’re doing such a great job!
- I love how you did that.
- Wow! That’s so creative.
- I love listening to your singing voice.
- Thanks for helping!
- What a wonderful idea!
- You make me so happy.
- I had a lot of fun playing with you.
- You have an amazing imagination.
- You’re worth it.
- Tell me what you think about this.
- I’m lucky to be your parent.
- I’m proud of your good choices.
- What a wonderful smile you have.
- Great job finishing your chore.
- We all make mistakes.
- Can you help me with this?
- You are amazing, no matter what.
- I love hearing what you have to say.
- You’re special.
- You matter to me.
- You deserve so much love.
- You have smart ideas.
- Don’t be afraid to try again!
- Good effort! You can do it!
- You give the best hugs.
- That was very kind of you.
- Tell me more.
- I love you.
These words of encouragement will make your child feel loved and cherished.
What words of encouragement do you give your children?
Elizabeth Lampman is a coffee-fuelled Mom of 2 girls and lives in Hamilton, Ontario. She enjoys travelling, developing easy recipes, crafting, taking on diy projects, travelling and saving money!