Scroll down for the Upside-Down Apple Pie Smoothie Bowl!
Smoothie bowls are the perfect way to add fresh fruits, superfoods and proteins to everyday fare. Adding a smoothie bowl to morning routines guarantees a great start to the day and for lunch too. Smoothie bowls are thicker than regular smoothies – thick enough to eat with a spoon. These 200 recipes can be enjoyed anytime for a refreshing, filling and healthy meal or even a delicious dessert.
Whether a smoothie bowl is packed with fruit, leafy greens, nuts or a base of coffee or tea, there is a recipe here perfectly suited for any occasion. The colors, textures and crunch are incredible and all sorts of delicious toppings can be added that will take a meal to a whole new level.
Here’s just a small sampling of the sumptuous smoothie bowl recipes:
- Breakfast Smoothie Bowls
- Breakfast Harvest Bowl, Frosty French Toast, Breakfast Starter, Pear Pleaser, Sunrise Smoothie Bowl, Energy Buster, Peanut Butter Oat Bowl
- Green Creations
- Clean Green Bowl, Blueberry Flaxseed Bowl, Strawberry Avocado Bowl, Green Zinger, Citrus Kale Bowl, Parsley Pear Bowl, Spinach Almond Bowl
- Kid-Friendly Smoothie Bowls
- Almond Butter and Jelly Bowl, Berry Crunch, Nutella Banana Bowl, Peach Paradise, Mocha Smoothie Bowl, Grape Ape, Peanut Butter Cup
- Anytime Smoothie Bowls
- Pistachio Vanilla Bowl, Pick-Me-Up Bowl, Watermelon Strawberry Bowl, Dreamsicle, Chocolate Cherry Bowl, Pumpkin Pie Bowl, Afternoon Delight
These thick, creamy and delicious smoothie bowls will undoubtedly become a welcome addition for any family.
Smoothie bowls are the next big thing and I’ve seen them popping up all over pinterest and other blogs. 200 Best Smoothie Bowl Recipes takes smoothie bowls to a whole other level. The smoothie bowls featured in this cookbook are so pretty and there are so many incredible variations included covering everything from super healthy to over the top decadent (cookies and cream bowl – say what!) The book even inlcudes kid-friendly recipes, desserts and snacks.
Allison Lewis also includes a large variety of suggestions for toppings, tips on arranging the toppings, and ideas for ingredient substitutions.
I have to admit that as popular as smoothie bowls have been, I haven’t tried making one before. I was so surprised by how quick and easy they are to throw together. It’s the perfect way to get a nutritious breakfast (or lunch or dinner) in that also happens to taste great. I’m sold!
Upside-Down Apple Pie
Apples are the star in this recipe. This is apple pie turned upside down in a smoothie bowl creation.
- 1 apple, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 ⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 ⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup vanilla-flavoured frozen yoghurt
- 4 Graham crackers
- 4 ice cubes
- Suggested Toppings
- Ground cinnamon
- Sliced peach
- Crushed graham crackers
- Spiced pecans
- Caramel Sauce
- In a large skillet, combine apple and apple juice. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in sugar and cinnamon; simmer, stirring gently, for 3 minutes or until apples are softened. Drain and let cool completely.
- In blender, combine milk, frozen yogurt, cooked apples, graham crackers and ice. Secure lid and blend (from low to high if using a variable-speed blender) until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and top with any of the suggested toppings, as desired.
Use a Gala or Fuji apple for the sweetest apple taste.
You can use store- bought granola or any of the granola recipes in the book (pages 210–218) to top your smoothie bowl.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Courtesy of 200 Best Smoothie Bowl Recipes by Alison Lewis © 2016 www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with publisher permission. Available where books are sold.
Elizabeth Lampman is a coffee-fuelled Mom of 2 girls and lives in Hamilton, Ontario. She enjoys travelling, developing easy recipes, crafting, taking on diy projects, travelling and saving money!
Sunday 27th of March 2016
Smoothie bowls seem to be the in thing at the moment. I'm not into smoothies myself though some of them look really good.
Saturday 12th of March 2016
This is the first time that I have heard of smoothie bowls. Yours sounds delicious!
Wednesday 9th of March 2016
Wow Upside-Down Apple Pie i want this !
Cathleen @ A Taste Of Madness
Wednesday 9th of March 2016
This smoothie bowl looks delicious! I love this idea!