Devilish Chicken is a family favourite recipe. It’s quick and easy to throw together and full of flavour. Serve with plain rice and spoon sauce over it.
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Serves: 4
Devilish Chicken is one of my favourite recipes for those days when you just do not know what to make. This is a family recipe I grew up with and do not know the origins. What I love best about this recipe is that I know I always have the ingredients on hand too which is a bonus! Serve the chicken with plain rice… the sauce goes great over it. I sometimes have to make extra sauce because some of us get greedy with pouring it over our rice. Devilish Chicken is truly a comfort food for me, and once you try it I know you will see why!
4 Chicken Leg Quarters (Separated & Skinned)
1/2 Cup Ketchup
3 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Prepared Mustard
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 tsp dry mustard
1) Preheat oven to 375 F
2) Place chicken in casserole dish.
3) Combine ingredients in a bowl and pour over chicken.
4) Bake, uncovered until chicken is cooked and sauce is thickened (about 45 mins) Baste chicken with sauce partway through cooking.
Serve with plain rice… the sauce mixes devilishly (ha!) well with the rice!
- 4 Chicken Leg Quarters, Separated & Skinned
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 3 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Prepared Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1) Preheat oven to 375 F
- 2) Place chicken in casserole dish.
- 3) Combine ingredients in a bowl and pour over chicken.
- 4) Bake, uncovered until chicken is cooked and sauce is thickened (about 45 mins) Baste chicken with sauce partway through cooking.
- Serve with plain rice... the sauce mixes devilishly (ha!) well with the rice!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Elizabeth Lampman is a coffee-fuelled Mom of 2 girls and lives in Hamilton, Ontario. She enjoys travelling, developing easy recipes, crafting, taking on diy projects, travelling and saving money!
Sunday 4th of September 2016
Anything chicken is my favorite for supper and this looks amazing but simple to prepare too.I know we will enjoy this one!!
Sunday 26th of June 2016
I love chicken and this looks finer linking good.I will be pinning it and trying it very soon.Thank you. :)
Sunday 10th of April 2016
Thursday 9th of April 2015
I think this is a delicious recipe and I can see that it would be wonderfully tasty served with rice. I will save the recipe so I can make it. Thank you for this recipe.
Friday 27th of March 2015
The photo makes this dish look scrumptious -- what an appetizing combination of flavours! I must try this!