As we all know, with the new year comes new resolutions and they’re not always easy to keep. Very few actually manage to keep them for longer than a few weeks – over 40% give up before the first week is up! This year, if you are still at it, let’s resolve to stick to our New Year’s resolutions.
How is this possible? It’s all about taking small steps that can easily be incorporated into our everyday routines. For many people, a new habit only takes 21 days to take hold so if you can make it that far, you should be in good shape!
Here are a few easy steps you can take, to deliver big results:
- Take the stairs: You can take small steps towards a healthier you, literally. Not quite realistic if you work on the 42nd floor, but think escalators at the mall, moving sidewalks at the airport, that errand that’s a two minute drive away…skip all shortcuts and walk! Try parking at the far end of the parking lot and walking rather, you will find it is easier to find a parking spot as a bonus. You can also get a pedometer or smartphone fitness app that counts your steps and calories burned so you can measure your results.
- Take your vitamins: Taking your daily vitamins helps ensure you get the nutrients you need to maintain a healthy active lifestyle. However, men and women have varying nutritional needs so multivitamins such as Vitafusion™ Men’s & Women’s Complete Multivitamins offer a personalized option to help you feel great and support optimal health.
- Make Better Nutritional Choices: Make choices that offer more nutrition for less calories. Skip that cheeseburger and fries and choose chicken breast with a side of salad and a sweet potato instead. Your waist will thank you for making better choices.
- Get your giggle on: Laughter really is the best medicine, not to mention it’s both fun and free. Research shows that humour and laughter strengthens your immune system, boosts your energy, diminishes pain and protects you from the damaging effects of stress.
- Protect your skin: Use sunscreen with an SPF every day to protect yourself against the sun’s harmful rays (UVA & UVB). And yes, even wear it on days when it’s overcast.
What are some of your New Year’s Resolutions?
Disclosure- This post is brought to you in part by the Church & Dwight ambassadorship program.
Elizabeth Lampman is a coffee-fuelled Mom of 2 girls and lives in Hamilton, Ontario. She enjoys travelling, developing easy recipes, crafting, taking on diy projects, travelling and saving money!