This back to school crayon wreath makes for a perfect teacher appreciation gift craft project anyone can do!
Leading up to Back to School it is easy to find school supplies for mere pennies. Last week was the first sale I saw of crayons going for 50 cents, and the off-brands for as low as 10 cents a box! Crayons are perfect for more than just colouring as I think this creative wreath by contributor Erica will show!
Back To School Crayon Wreath
6 boxes of 24 Crayola crayons
Hot glue gun
Hot glue sticks
Cardboard wreath (found at your local craft store)
Ruler ribbon (found at your local craft store)
Mini chalk board ( found at your local craft store)
1. Start by gluing 4 crayons onto your wreath like pictured, 2 vertical, 2 horizontal
2. Now add 4 more crayons directly in the middle of the 4 already glued
3. Keep gluing crayons directly in the centre of the others so they are even
4. Once your first layer in on, start on your second layer, gluing one crayon in between but on top of the first layer
5. Before you glue your last crayon, attach your mini chalk board by placing the rope behind your last crayon and hot gluing your last crayon on top
6. Once all your crayons are glued you can cut a 16″ piece of ribbon and place one end through your wreath and tie off into a knot
7. Clip the ends of your ribbon at a slant
8. Your wreath is ready to give or hang!
Photos and Tutorial created exclusively for Frugal Mom Eh by Erica G.
Elizabeth Lampman is a coffee-fuelled Mom of 2 girls and lives in Hamilton, Ontario. She enjoys travelling, developing easy recipes, crafting, taking on diy projects, travelling and saving money!
Thursday 28th of July 2022
I have made this wreath for my daughter who is a school teacher
Friday 13th of September 2019
So easy to make and looks great. Warning: avoid hanging on doors that are constantly being open and shut and slammed (as happens with classroom doors). Still looks cute inside classroom,
Sunday 15th of May 2016
Such a great craft to create for a teacher or daycare provider.
Thursday 10th of September 2015
this is so cute and easy I like that :)
Tuesday 11th of August 2015
This is such a fun idea, although I have a feeling my little guys would try to use the crayons to colour with :).