Last Updated on February 19, 2016
This back to school crayon wreath makes for a perfect teacher appreciation gift craft project anyone can do!
Leading up to Back to School it is easy to find school supplies for mere pennies. Last week was the first sale I saw of crayons going for 50 cents, and the off-brands for as low as 10 cents a box! Crayons are perfect for more than just colouring as I think this creative wreath by contributor Erica will show!
Back To School Crayon Wreath
6 boxes of 24 Crayola crayons
Hot glue gun
Hot glue sticks
Cardboard wreath (found at your local craft store)
Ruler ribbon (found at your local craft store)
Mini chalk board ( found at your local craft store)
1. Start by gluing 4 crayons onto your wreath like pictured, 2 vertical, 2 horizontal
4. Once your first layer in on, start on your second layer, gluing one crayon in between but on top of the first layer
5. Before you glue your last crayon, attach your mini chalk board by placing the rope behind your last crayon and hot gluing your last crayon on top
6. Once all your crayons are glued you can cut a 16″ piece of ribbon and place one end through your wreath and tie off into a knot
7. Clip the ends of your ribbon at a slant
8. Your wreath is ready to give or hang!
Photos and Tutorial created exclusively for Frugal Mom Eh by Erica G.