When I was a kid back to school shopping until I hit middle school meant going out to get a few new outfits, shoes and a backpack. These days things are so much different with parents being required to buy school supplies right from the get go.
One thing that hasn’t changed in that time is that parents and teachers still rely on Crayola for many supplies from crayons to coloured pencils and beyond. It’s funny but I have so many memories from my child surrounding crayola. From the time I was given that huge box of Crayola crayons that came with the crayon sharpener built into it to the box of 24 Crayola crayons my dad kept in his bedside table for when he wanted to colour.
When it comes time to send my own kids to school you better believe I will be sending them off with Crayola too.
Before you know it the big yellow bus will be rumbling down the street, classroom bells will be ringing and teachers will be calling attendance! Get a jump on your kids’ back-to-school needs with artful school tools from Crayola. For more than 100 years Crayola brand products have been trusted by moms and preferred by teachers.
Crayola wants to help make it easier for parents to get their children ready to head back-to-school so they’ve prepared some great tips & tricks to help you get your kids ready to head back! Read on as well for school supplies checklists to help make shopping even easier!
Back to School Tips and Trick with Crayola
Attitude is a large part of getting kids excited about going back to school. Children look forward to seeing their friends from school and getting back into a regular “school routine.” Here are a few tips to help get your kids back in the habit:
• Practice getting up early about a week before school starts.
• Create excitement around organizing your kids’ homework area and purchasing new school supplies. Making back-to-school preparations special will help them transition from the carefree summer days.
• Talk to your kids about what they can expect during a typical school day. Sure it is exciting to go back to school the first day or two. But kids should also be prepared for the reality of waking up early, rushed mornings, the discipline of sitting at desks, and being responsible for getting work done.
• Prepare a list of favourite breakfast foods that are quick and easy to fix in the morning.
• Talk to your child about what kinds of healthy foods they can pick out during lunchtime and how to spend their lunch money wisely.
• Select and lay out clothes the night before school starts.
• Establish an afternoon schedule that includes snack, homework, and personal time that kids can spend in their favourite ways.
Of course the most important thing you can do is prepare ahead, pick up standard supplies ahead of time and get organized.
One Canadian Frugal Mom Eh reader will win a fabulous Crayola Back to School Prize Pack (ARV $50). Prize pack includes:
24 ct crayons
24 mini twistables fun effect
Ultra-Clean Broad Line Markers, 10 ct Tropical
Power Lines Scented Markers
Ultra-Clean Stamper Markers
Coloured Pencils, 24 ct
24 Washable Watercolour Paints
Blunt Tip Metal Scissors
Construction Paper Pad, 120 ct
5 Paint Brushes, assorted
Giveaway ends on August 30th at 11:59 pm EST. See Giveaway Tools form for entry and T&C.
Disclosure: I received the above mentioned product in order to facilitate this post. All thoughts and opinions are honest and my own.
Elizabeth Lampman is a coffee-fuelled Mom of 2 girls and lives in Hamilton, Ontario. She enjoys travelling, developing easy recipes, crafting, taking on diy projects, travelling and saving money!