Last Updated on January 31, 2021
Check out these fun Ocean Animal Crafts that kids can do at home to help them explore life under the sea in fun and creative ways.
For more under the sea fun check out my Crumpled Paper Turtle Kids Craft!
27 Ocean Animal Crafts for Kids
1. Octopus Kids Craft from I Heart Crafty Things
Not only is it simple to make, but it incorporates fine motor skills and using scissors so it’s a perfect preschool activity.
2. Printable Jellyfish Puppets from Picklebums
These Free printable templates to make your own jellyfish puppets are almost as adorable as the song that inspired this craft.
3. Paper Plate Whale from In the Playroom
4. Shark Sensory Bin from Stir the Wonder
This Shark Sensory Bottle creates the imagery of the ocean with a shark swimming around.
5. Paper Plate Hermit Crab from Glued to My Crafts
This Paper Plate Hermit Crab craft activity is super simple, fun for all ages and really inexpensive too!Plus it incorporates your child’s handprint.
6. Seahorse Craft from Mama’s Little Muse
This Seahorse craft was inspired by the artwork and story found in Eric Carle’s Mister Seahorse.
7. Oyster Pearls Preschool Craft from Things to Share and Remember
This Oyster craft is a fun and exciting way for kids to discover what’s found on the ocean floor!
8. Clay Sea Turtle Art from Buggy and Buddy
Using clay to create sea turtle sculptures is such a fun way to combine art and science
9. Paper Plate Lobster from Craftulate
How adorable is this paper plate crab? It’s a simple paper plate craft that it a lot of fun to make and play with after.
10. Bubble Wrap Starfish Craft from No Time for Flash Cards
Use bubble wrap or a dish scrubbie in this fun painted starfish craft.
11. Celery Stamping Rainbow Fish from Crafty Morning
Celery makes the perfect stamp to create scales!
12. Clownfish Paper Plate Craft from I Heart Arts ‘N Crafts
Kids are sure t love this Nemo inspired paper plate craft .
13. Handprint Heart Squid from My Little Me
This little cutie includes two different variations on the craft to try.
14. Cupcake Liner Crabs from Love and Marriage
This is a simple but adorable craft using cupcake liners!
15. Paper Plate Walrus from I Heart Crafty Things
These paper plate walrus’s make use of some pretty creative materials.
16. Coffee Filter Jelly Fish from Happy Hooligans
Making this vibrant coffee filter jellyfish craft is a great way for kids to explore colour and water absorption while developing fine motor skills and co-ordination.
17. Toilet Roll Octopus from Kids Activities Blog
This toilet roll octopus craft is very creative and so much fun, kids will adore making their very own wiggly under-the-sea characters.
18. Paper Plate Crab from I Heart Crafty Things
Paper Plate Crab Craft with Numerical Sequence Practice.
19. Puffer Fish Craft from Sassy Dealz
Use a plastic fork to paint this fish with any colour combinations your child desires!
20. Paper Plate Oyster from Classified: Mom (*06/12/2020 – this craft has been removed)
21. Egg Carton Turtle from Munchkin Time
This is a fun and colourful way to reuse egg cartons.
22. Styrofoam Cup Whale from Glued to My Crafts
Using easy-to-find styrofoam cups, craft paint, pipe cleaners and craft foam – you too can make this beach-friendly whale creature come to life within minutes!
23. Rainbow Fish Puppets from Living Well Spending Less
Inspired by The Rainbow Fish, this is such a pretty craft!
24. DIY Starfish from Preschool Inspirations
Pasta, plaster of paris and a fun shaped mold are all you need to make this fun project.
25. Toilet Paper Roll Fish from No Time for Flash Cards
Toilet rolls, paint, googley eyes and a little bit of scissorwork are all you need to make your own toilet paper roll fish!
26. Foam Ball Octopus Craft from Crafty Morning
Here’s a cute craft for the kiddos to make if you’re learning about ocean animals! A styrofoam ball octopus.
27. Fish Wind Chime from Morenas Corner
Learn how to turn plastic eggs into an Anthropologie inspired wind chime.
Elizabeth Lampman is a coffee-fuelled Mom of 2 girls and lives in Hamilton, Ontario. She enjoys travelling, developing easy recipes, crafting, taking on diy projects, travelling and saving money!