This Joy Outdoor Christmas Display is easy to customise and is a cheery way to bright up your outdoor Chirstmas decor!
Disclosure: I was provided product by BEHR to write this post but the thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
I love Christmas! I love decorating and bringing holiday cheer into and outside our home. I’ve decorated inside our home with a theme of teal and silver which I absolutely love but I also miss the traditional colours, especially the bright reds.
This month I was challenged as part of BEHR’s Holiday Home Challenge to use the BEHR paint colour of my choice to create an outdoor, holiday – or winter-inspired decoration. I decided to tackle an outdoor project to cheer up the outside of our home with a unique Outdoor Christmas Display.
I started off by picking out a gorgeous and cheerful red outdoor paint from BEHR. I chose to go with BEHR’s PREMIUM PLUS ULTRA® Exterior Matte in 100 Mph (P170-70). Now this is RED!
I started off with 3 hurricane candle holders in the size I wanted. You could use any container in the shape and size of your choice for this project. I also picked out my wood letters in the font I wanted to use. They only had them in black so I used my favourite BEHR White – Cameo White, also in the PREMIUM PLUS ULTRA® Exterior Matte paint to get them white for my project.
I painted the vases with the red paint. It’s helpful to use toothpicks or small dowling sticks to keep the paint from sticking to surfaces if you accidental paint the bottoms. It needed 3 good coats to get solid coverage but it stuck quite well to the vases.
Once painted, I used hot glue to attach the letters to my new vases.
I had picked up a few wintery and seasonal picks at Michaels along with florist foam to fill the vases with to complete my Outdoor Christmas Display. I also used some plastic bags to get everything to balance properly and fill it out.
Ta da! All ready to display on my front porch running down my front steps. Such an easy project and with beautiful results too!
Check Out all the Other Projects by other BEHR DIY Experts!
- Rustic Front Porch Christmas Sign by Mountain Modern Life
- DIY Painted Wood Snowman by The Frugal Homemaker
- Merry Christmas Sign with Hanging Ornaments by The DIY Dreamer
- Joy Porch Sign by Sugar Bee Crafts
- Paint Dipped Pine Cones by Someday I’ll Learn
- Santa Front Porch Display by NewlyWoodwards
- DIY Black &White Ornaments by My Little Secrets
- O Holy Night Sign by Marty’s Musings
- Fence Picket Door Hanger by Maison de Pax
- Ornament Frame Decor by Made to be a Momma
- Holiday Planter by Life at Cloverhill
- A Monogrammed Christmas Wreath by Just a Girl and Her Blog
- Outdoor Christmas Display by Frugal Mom, Eh!
- DIY Outdoor Plywood Holiday Trees by Décor Adventures
- Christmas Hanging Baskets by Clean and Scentsible
- DIY Outdoor Lanterns by All Things Heart and Home
- DIY Plaid Deer Head Sign by A Pop of Pretty
- Christmas Decorating by Be Crafty Workshop
- DIY Christmas Trees by Poofy Cheeks
You Might Like...
Latest posts by Elizabeth (see all)
- Orange-Cranberry French Toast Casserole - December 14, 2017
- Cranberry White Chocolate Cake with Frosted Cranberries - December 14, 2017
- Wood Slice Snowman Ornaments - December 13, 2017