This easy corn salsa is a party staple – serve with tortilla chips or with tacos as a delicious condiment.
I use frozen corn because its cheap and easy to get here in Canada all year round. When you can get fresh corn, try grilling cobs of corn for an even tastier twist.
Easy Corn Salsa
1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, diced
2 tsbp red onion, diced
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon sugar
Combine ingredients in a small bowl, and chill until ready to serve.
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, diced
- 2 tsbp red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl, and chill until ready to serve.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Elizabeth Lampman is a coffee-fuelled Mom of 2 girls and lives in Hamilton, Ontario. She enjoys travelling, developing easy recipes, crafting, taking on diy projects, travelling and saving money!