Last Updated on February 5, 2021
Homemade Christmas ornaments are the best, but they are even more special when they are made by your kids! One of my favourite memories is going to my auntie’s house and making homemade salt dough ornaments. Those homemade Christmas ornaments hung from our tree for years afterwards!
Even in school we would spend some time creating homemade Christmas ornaments for the Christmas craft show and sale every year. It was a great chance to buy back the ornaments we had worked so hard on!
In any case, toddlers and (older children!) will delight in spending time creating these fun ornaments to hang from their Christmas tree this year.
Homemade Christmas Ornaments That Toddlers Can Make
1. Dried Pasta Ornaments | Cutting Tiny Bites
2. Pine Cone Owls | Red Ted Art
3. CD Snowman Ornaments | Happy Hooligans
4. Button Tree Ornaments | Family Food and Travel
5. Handmade Fillable Ornaments | Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds
6. Snowflake Craft Stick Ornament | Kidz Activities
7. Baking Soda Clay Handprint Keepsakes | Mama Papa Bubba
8. Plastic Lid Christmas Ornament | Frogs, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
9. Apple Cinnamon Ornaments | The Life of Jennifer Dawn
10. Fingerprint Candy Cane Ornament | Frogs, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
11. Salt Dough Melted Bead Ornaments | Where Imagination Grows
12. Simple Ornaments Made with Recycled Materials | Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds
13. Handprint Snowmen Ornaments | Simple Fun for Kids
14. Alphabet Christmas Ornament | Sow Sprout Play
15. Fingerprint Snowman Salt Dough Ornament | Crafty Morning
16. Mitten Ornament | Adventure in a Box
17. Shape Ornaments | I Can Teach My Child
18. Stained Glass Window Ornaments | Creative Family Fun
19. I Spy Ornaments | Play at Home Mom LLC
20. Salt Dough Candy Cane Ornaments | Fun at Home with Kids
21. Fingerprint Gingerbread Man Salt Dough Ornament | Crafty Morning
22. Icicle Ornaments | Happy Hooligans
23. Christmas Tree Ornament Art for Kids | Craftulate
24. Wrapping Paper Ornaments | Simple Fun for Kids
25. Recycled Christmas Card Ornament | Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds
Elizabeth Lampman is a coffee-fuelled Mom of 2 girls and lives in Hamilton, Ontario. She enjoys travelling, developing easy recipes, crafting, taking on diy projects, travelling and saving money!