I am a camper. I love camping. I spent my childhood summers between running wild around our neighbourhood, in our pool and camping with my family. We would sometimes take 2-3 trips a year for a week at a time.
One of my favourite parts of camping is camp food. My dad would usually whip up a batch of chili con carne (pictured above) which invariably tasted so much better than at home. Of course, we also had other typical camping food like canned ham, hot dogs and hamburgers.
These days I like to up the ante by combing my love for camping and for food and there are plenty of other bloggers out there who seem to feel the same way. Read on for a selection of 31 camping recipes from breakfast to dessert that are so ingenious they are sure to stun you!
1) Egg Sandwiches on the Grill | Mom vs the Boys
2) Lumberjack Breakfast | Echoes of Laughter
3) Grilled Eggs in Portobello Mushrooms | Frugal Mom Eh
4) Campfire Breakfast Burritos | French Toasty
5) Sausage, Egg & Potato Breakfast Hash | Marking My Territory
6) Instant Oatmeal | The First Mess
7) Campfire French Toast | This Lil Piglet
8) Campfire Orange Blueberry Muffins | Apron Strings
9) Campfire Bacon | Zestuous
Lunch & Dinner
10) 3 Cheese Bacon Campfire Potatoes | Just 2 Sisters
11) Walking Tacos | Saving Dollars and Sense
12) Campfire Potatoes | Cincy Shopper
13) Grilled Nachos | Nepa Mom
14) Reuben Sandwich | Second Chance to Dream
15) Grilled Pineapple Chicken Foil Packets | Le Creme de la Crumb
16) Potato Boats | Echoes of Laughter
17) Bacon Baked Beans | Year Zero Survival
18) Campfire Mac ‘n’ Cheese | My Sisters Cucina
19) Campfire Mushrooms | Chezus
20) Tex Mex White Bean Chicken Foil Packets | The Kitchen Magpie
21) Campfire Crescent Dogs | Tablespoon
22) Pizza Nachos | Inspire Dreamer
23) Sprite Chicken | Fabulessly Frugal
24) Pineapple Upside Down Cake in a Foil Packet | Echoes of Laughter
25) Cinnamon Buns in an Orange | Say Not Sweet Anne
26) Campfire Dump Cake | Simply Budgeted
27) Grilled Caramel Apple Crunch | Coffee with us 3
28) Dutch Oven Texas Peach Cobbler | My Turn for Us
29) Campfire Smores in a Cone | Simplee Thrifty
30) Banana S’mores | Tablespoon
31) Pound Cake and Berry Campfire Skillet Dessert | Taste and Tell
Elizabeth Lampman is a coffee-fuelled Mom of 2 girls and lives in Hamilton, Ontario. She enjoys travelling, developing easy recipes, crafting, taking on diy projects, travelling and saving money!
Monday 9th of January 2017
Where's the recipe for the picture of hamburger beans soup/stew that is shown?
Monday 9th of January 2017
It's Chili Con Carne with sweet corn... which I do actually mention in the second paragraph of text. I didn't include a link to the recipe because it is such a common dish and everyone seems to have their own way of making it.
Tuesday 2nd of August 2016
Oh my,these all sound so delicious,some of these recipes are new to me and i love the sound of Pizza Nachos will have to try these soon !
Thursday 28th of July 2016
A lot of great recipes here, our favourite to make is the pie irons, at least that is what we call them, they are so good!!