Let’s face it, life can get stressful sometimes. With tasks and responsibilities adding up daily, it can be difficult to make treating yourself a priority. While it may not be a priority, it should be. The trouble is, many people see treating themselves as an expensive and impossible to achieve endeavour. It doesn’t have to be either of those things. If you are attempting to pinch your pennies, there are several ways to treat yourself without spending money.
45 Ways to Treat Yourself Without Spending Money
- Take a nap.
- Read your favourite book again and again.
- Have an at home spa day.
- Use a vacation day!
- Soak in a hot bath.
- Dance to your favourite song.
- Have a technology free day.
- Go on a bike ride.
- Take a hike somewhere new.
- Get dressed up for no reason.
- Binge watch your favourite show.
- Play with your little ones.
- Call someone you love.
- Exercise at home.
- Bake something sweet.
- Have a personal picnic outside.
- Stay in your pajamas all day.
- Go window shopping.
- Go on a spontaneous road trip with a friend.
- Listen to a fantastic podcast.
- People watch.
- Visit free local attractions in your area.
- Rearrange your home.
- Visit a local park.
- Go to a local dog off leash park.
- Learn positive affirmations.
- Volunteer somewhere.
- Craft something out of materials you have at home.
- Go through family photos.
- Watch home videos.
- Enjoy the sunrise or sunset.
- Stay in bed all day.
- Take a day off cleaning.
- Learn how to meditate.
- Learn a new skill.
- Write a story.
- Draw a picture.
- Colour in an adult colouring book.
- Play video games.
- Cook an easy and delicious dinner.
- Watch a movie you have been meaning to see.
- Re-watch a movie you love.
- Paint your toenails.
- Give yourself a manicure.
- Snuggle in your coziest blanket with your favourite hot beverage.
Treating yourself doesn’t have to be costly. In fact, there are several things you can do to treat yourself without having to spend any money. Treating yourself should be a priority, so make sure you make it one. You deserve a break occasionally. Get creative and do the things you love at home, without having to spend an arm and a leg.
Elizabeth Lampman is a coffee-fuelled Mom of 2 girls and lives in Hamilton, Ontario. She enjoys travelling, developing easy recipes, crafting, taking on diy projects, travelling and saving money!
Friday 9th of July 2021
We have in home date nights all the time! I love the idea of dressing up on a regular day… it’s been TOO long since I’ve done that! This sounds silly, but I really love to experiment with make-up and trying a new look is always fun.