Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Bake
- 1/2 Miracle Whip Light
- 1/2 flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 boneless chicken breasts cooked and cubed
- 1 cup salsa hot salsa for spicy, mild salsa for slightly tangy
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 16 small tortillas - or 8 large tortillas
- Heat oven to 375F
- In a medium saucepan place Miracle Whip, flour gradually stirring in milk. (CAUTION: mixture will lump if not whisked quickly while adding milk) Once thickened (approx. 5 mins) add 1.5 cups of cheese, cook until melted. Take 1 cup of sauce out and set aside. Add cilantro, chicken and salsa to saucepan.
- Fill each tortilla with mixture - fold in ends and roll. Place in baking dish seam side down. Once all are filled and rolled pour reserved 1 cup of sauce over tortillas, top with 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
Kerrie loves making recipes that are easy, delicious and include lots of real, yummy ingredients. Kerrie blogs at Family Food and Travel about her three passions: her twin boys, delicious food and fantastic family travel.
This recipe for Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Bake was originally published in January of 2014 on FrugalMomEh.com.