Celebrate Disney’s “Cinderella,” a modern classic that shines with beauty, imagination…and magic! Despite being mistreated by her stepmother (Cate Blanchett) and stepsisters, a spirited Ella (Lily James) resolves to take charge of her fate. Add a royal ball, a Fairy Godmother (Helena Bonham-Carter) and a glass slipper, and suddenly – magic becomes reality!
- A Fairy Tale Comes to Life Filmmakers and cast reflect on Cinderella’s enduring power, and the joys and challenges of bringing this iconic tale to life.
- Costume Test Fun See the work of Academy Award-winning® Costume Designer Sandy Powell (The Aviator, 2004) and share some lighthearted moments with the cast.
- Staging The Ball
- You’re invited behind the scenes for the making of the Palace Ball sequence, including its spectacular set, stunning costumes and more. It’s a lavish and massive undertaking…and a magical day on set.
- Ella’s Furry Friends
- Discover how the movie’s animal stars honed their memorable performances.
- Alternate Opening: Ella’s Childhood
- View moments from Ella’s idyllic childhood that do not appear in the movie. With an introduction by Director Kenneth Branagh.
- Frozen Fever It’s Anna’s birthday, and Elsa and Kristoff are determined to give her the best celebration ever – but when Elsa catches a cold, her powers may put more than just the party at risk.
I’m a really big Disney fan. Especially when it comes to the classics; Bambi, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and my all-time favourite, Cinderella.
Sitting down to watch the 2015 version of Cinderella I have to admit I felt a little bit apprehensive. What if it ruined Cinderella for me?
Well spoiler; rather than revising the story to make it modern, Disney stuck to the feel of the original animation and delivered a truly magical live-action version of the classic.
Lily James perfectly portrayed (Cinder)Ella as sweet, charming, and brimming with virtue. Her face is so innocent and that smile! What a perfect choice for this role. Cate Blanchett in the role of the evil step-mother though – what can I say? She simply steals the show as she convincingly gives the story a little bite.
Well worth picking up for family movie night!
Elizabeth Lampman is a coffee-fuelled Mom of 2 girls and lives in Hamilton, Ontario. She enjoys travelling, developing easy recipes, crafting, taking on diy projects, travelling and saving money!
Tuesday 13th of October 2015
I want to see this version of Cinderella sooo bad!!!!!
Tuesday 6th of October 2015
This sound like a great DVD,nice stockening stuffer