Since I’ve had Keira I’ve had plenty of moments where I realised that before I was a parent I had some really strange and funny ideas about babies and being a mom.
1) I thought diapers were complicated and would be absolutely disgusting to change.
I was wrong. Diapers are pretty simple… putting them on a writhing newborn or an infant trying to eat their toes is not. I also found they only get really disgusting once you start weaning on to proper food. Except for the Poonami’s. Oh the horror of Poo everywhere.
2) I thought all babies started sleeping through the night in a week or two.
I think my Other Half put it best when he stated “I didn’t know it was going to be like this!”
3) I thought it would be so easy to lose the Mommy tummy.
Breastfeeding takes care of that completely right? Um no and where is my Muumuu?
4) I thought I would have the time to put together a lovely scrapbook for her.
Ahahaha! Perhaps at some point between the screaming, feeding, pooping, spitting up and playing I can make the time to sit down and cut and paste. I’m guessing that project will be complete when I’m around the age of 82.
5) I thought giving babies a pacifier was lazy parenting.
You’ll understand the humour when you come to the realisation that you have become a human pacifier.
What are some things you thought before you became a parent?
You Might Like...
Latest posts by Elizabeth (see all)
- Paper Flower Wreath - April 18, 2019
- Tips to Help Children Cope with Stress - April 17, 2019
- Surprising Ways Tidying Up Can Benefit Your Mental Health - April 16, 2019