When I first made The Pioneer Woman’s Mexican Macaroni Salad I completely fell in love with it. It’s zesty and full of flavour and quite different from the typical Macaroni Salad your mother makes. This Mexican Macaroni Salad goes so well with pretty much anything from Steak to Fried Chicken. It’s really the perfect summer salad.
The last time I made this Mexican Macaroni Salad, I made it the day before I wanted to serve it and allowing it to sit overnight made it very delicious. The key ingredient in all this is your selection of Salsa! Pick one you know and already love because you taste a hint of it in every bite.
Of course, I couldn’t leave well enough alone and had to make a few little changes to suit the tastes of my own family and to make it a little quicker to throw together. I didn’t do it this time, but a little pepper-jack or cheddar cheese grated in is pretty nice too. Enjoy!
Mexican Macaroni Salad
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman
- 1 lbs of Macaroni cooked, drained and quickly rinsed with cold water
- 1 cup of frozen corn thawed, or 2 ears of fresh corn
- 1/2 cup of sliced black olives
- 1 can black beans 15oz, drained and rinsed
- 2 large beefsteak Tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup Red onions diced
- Green onions or chives
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1/2 cup of Sour cream
- 1/2 cup of Mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
Cook the pasta al dente. Rinse with cold water to stop them from cooking. In a large bowl combine all the ingredients for the salad together. Don't toss yet.
Whisk all the dressing ingredients together until smooth. Pour over the pasta ingredients and toss gently until everything is combined.
Looking for more great Mexican Inspired Recipes? Check these out!
You are also going to love:
If you liked this post, you will like these too!
You Might Like...
Latest posts by Elizabeth (see all)
- Play-Doh Kitchen Creations Magical Oven - November 22, 2017
- Handmade at Amazon.ca: Discover unique items from local Artisans - November 21, 2017
- Enjoy Downtown Toronto Convenience at the Sheraton Gateway Hotel - November 20, 2017