Pamper yourself with these bright, refreshing and juicy Watermelon Bath Bombs. Who doesn’t love a slice of watermelon on a hot summer day? Drop one of these in your bath and just take in those summer vibes.
These brightly coloured bath bombs fizz, bubble, and leave your bathwater scented and silky. So just drop one in, sit back and relax!
You will be surprised how easy it is to make these boutique looking bath bombs. They make perfect gifts too!
Watermelon Bath Bombs
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup epsom salts
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1/2 tsp watermelon flavouring oil
2 tsp rubbing alcohol
3/4 tsp green mica powder
3/4 tsp pink mica powder
2-4 tablespoons watermelon sprinkles blend
To make the black watermelon seeds
½ tsp black mica powder
2-3 drops alcohol
4-5 large bath bomb molds
1. Whisk together the baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch and epsom salts.
2. In a second bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, essential oil blend and alcohol together, mixing well.
3. Add liquid ingredients 1 tsp at a time to the dry ingredients, mixing it together slowly so as not to start the fizzy reaction.
4. Separate about ⅓ of the bath bomb mixture into a second small bowl. To this smaller bowl of bath bomb mixture, add in the green mica powder and mix well. If you want more color, add some additional mica powder in 1 tsp increments.
5. To the larger bowl of bath bomb mixture, add in the pink mica powder and mix well. If you want more color, add some additional mica powder in 1 tsp increments.
6. Dust the bottom of one side of one of the bath bomb molds with cornstarch. The sprinkle side tends to come out on its own, so do not bother to dust that side with cornstarch.
7. Place about 1 tsp of sprinkles in the non-dusted side of the bath bomb mold.
8. Immediately pack the bath bomb mold with the sprinkles overly full of the pink mixture. You want there to be excess mixture to help bond the two sides of the mold together.
9. To the cornstarch dusted half of the bath bomb mold, fill it about ½ full of green bath bomb mixture, then finish filling it with the pink mixture, overfilling as with the other half of the bath bomb.
10. Press the two sides of the bath bomb mold together, grinding and pressing them to force the two together.
11. Allow the bath bombs to rest in the mold for up to 24 hours before gently tapping the side of the mold to release the bombs.
12. To make the watermelon seeds, combine the black mica powder and the alcohol and paint the seeds onto the bath bomb, as desired.
13. Use your bath bombs immediately or store in an airtight container until you’re ready to use!