11 Money Saving Hacks
With the new year, comes new expenses coupled with a new-found desire to save money. While saving money may seem difficult, it doesn’t have to be. In fact, there are many money saving hacks out there that can help you to improve your finances and save.
- Create a Budget – This may seem obvious but creating a budget is the first step to saving money. Take the time to go through your finances and see where your money is going. This will give you more insight on where you can cut back.
- Start a Change Jar – Having a change jar to empty your pockets into every day is a great way to save money. Your change can really add up, so this is a great way to save.
- Carpool with Friends – Carpooling with friends to work and around town is a fantastic money saving hack. Not only will it save you on gas but it will also save your mileage.
- Use Coupons or Price Match – Coupon clipping, and price matching are effective ways to save money. In fact, there are even coupon apps that help you find the best deals at your local stores.
- Turn off the Lights – Your power bill can add up quickly. Start playing close attention to how often you leave your lights on when you don’t need them.
- Shop at Thrift Stores – Thrift stores are a fantastic place to find nice items at cheap prices, saving you lots of money in the long run.
- Grow Your Own Vegetables – Rather than purchasing costly vegetables at the store, grow your own at home. Not only will this save you money, but it will also help to prevent food waste.
- Remove Saved Cards from Sites- It is far easier to spend money on things you don’t need when you have your credit cards saved on file with your favourite online sites. Remove the cards from them all together. This will make sure that you must get up and get your cards, giving you an opportunity to think through your purchase.
- Stop Eating Out – Eating out can quickly become an expensive habit. Pack lunches and snacks to take with you when you will be away from home. You will be surprised by how much money you save.
- Drink More Water – Not only are soft drinks not good for you, but they are expensive. Stick to drinking water. Just remember to invest in a water filter first.
- Meal Plan – Making a meal plan is a great money saving hack. Not only does it prevent you from overspending, it prevents food waste.
There are several money saving hacks to use this year to help you get your financial situation in order and save money. Just get creative and make sure to be mindful.
You Might Like...
Latest posts by Elizabeth (see all)
- Paper Flower Wreath - April 18, 2019
- Tips to Help Children Cope with Stress - April 17, 2019
- Surprising Ways Tidying Up Can Benefit Your Mental Health - April 16, 2019