Sheet pan meals are the perfect alternative to one-pot meals.
We’re all looking for ways to make meals more convenient, and while one-pot meals are wonderful, sheet pan meals are the newest option. They allow you to cook several individual components of your meal all at once, and cleanup is an absolute breeze. From cookbook author extraordinaire Camilla Saulsbury comes 200 Best Sheet Pan Recipes – a collection of easy and delicious recipes created specifically for sheet pans and your oven.
Most of the recipes take very little time to prepare, but the results are nothing short of extraordinary. They take weeknight meals to a whole new level, and most are entertaining-worthy.
If you have a sheet pan and an oven, you’re on your way to creating an abundance of satisfying meals — not to mention desserts. The sweets you can create with a simple sheet pan are utterly sumptuous, from Chewy Coconut Trail Mix Bars to Sour Cream Vanilla Pound Cake.
So lay it all out — on a sheet pan, that is. You’ll be so glad you did.
Sheet pan meals are actually a big thing on pinterest right now – and for a good reason – they are flavourful and as easy to throw together as they are to clean up! We are all looking for ways to to make meals more convenient and one sheet meals are super simple with extraordinary results.
All you need is a sheet pan, an oven, and these delicious recipes from Camilla Saulsbury to create delicious meals (and desserts). The chapters include:
- The 25 Extra-Simple Pantry Meals — Green Eggs and Ham Strata, Pesto Chicken Thighs with Roasted Baby Carrots, Oven-Fried Rice and Flatbread Mini Pizzas
- The Meatless Main Dishes — vegetarian and vegan favorites like Persian Rice-Stuffed Butternut Squash, Chili-Glazed Tofu with Asparagus Rice and Frittata
- Great fish and seafood main dishes include Coconut Lime Fish and Roasted Plaintains
- For poultry dishes, Rosemary Chicken with Balsamic-Roasted Brussel Sprouts or Dijon Chicken with Crisp Parsnip Fries give humble chicken a whole new twist
- The sweets with a simple sheet pan are simply sumptuous — from Chewy Coconut Trail Mix Bars and Sour Cream Vanilla Pound Cake to Cinnamon Sugar Phyllo Fruit Crisp.
Most of the recipes make use of ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen or pantry – and they are all affordable ingredients too so if you do need to make a quick trip to the store you aren’t going to be emptying your wallet to feed your family. Plus the ingredients required are all super fresh and healthy – and intensified by baking in the oven. It’s a tried and true method and this recipe book will make you take a look at cooking with your baking sheet again!
200 Best Sheet Pan Meals is simple, fast, and ideal for any home cook pressed for time – anyone can do it!
Sheet Pan Clam Bake Recipe
Courtesy of 200 Best Sheet Pan Recipes by Camilla Saulsbury © 2016 www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with publisher permission. Available where books are sold.
- 1 lb small yellow-fleshed or white 500 g new potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil 15 mL
- 1 ⁄2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1 ⁄4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper 1 mL
- 1 lb mussels scrubbed 500 g
- 1 lb littleneck clams scrubbed 500 g
- 2 corn cobs 5 cm, cut crosswise into 2-inch 2 pieces
- 1 package smoked sausage 12 oz/375 g, 5 cm, 1 cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 ⁄4 cup unsalted butter cut into small pieces 60 mL
- 2 tsp Old Bay or other seafood seasoning 10 mL
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined 500 g
- Suggested Accompaniments
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges
- Crusty bread
• Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C)
• 18- by 13-inch (45 by 33 cm) rimmed sheet pan, lined with foil
1. On prepared pan, toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer. Roast in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are slightly tender.
2. Remove pan from oven and scatter mussels, clams, corn and sausage evenly over pan. Sprinkle with butter and Old Bay seasoning. Roast for 8 minutes.
3. Remove pan from oven and scatter shrimp over pan; stir to combine, then spread evenly over pan. Roast for 3 to 6 minutes or until mussels and clams have opened, shrimp are pink and opaque and potatoes are tender. Discard any mussels or clams that do not open.
4. Scoop seafood mixture into bowls with any accumulated juices and serve with any of the suggested accompaniments, as desired.
To make your own seafood seasoning, combine 3⁄4 tsp (3 mL) celery salt, 1⁄2 tsp (2 mL) freshly ground black pepper, 1⁄2 tsp (2 mL) sweet paprika and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
It is best to discard any mussels or clams that do not open after cooking because that is a strong indicator that they are not safe to eat.
Latest posts by Elizabeth (see all)
- Mediterranean Cauliflower Pizza - May 24, 2019
- Parenting Apps that Make Mom Life Easier - May 21, 2019
- How to Keep your Electrical Bill Low During the Summer - May 20, 2019