New Year’s has come and gone and that means everyone has probably made a few New Year’s resolutions. Instead of making the traditional resolutions, moms should try something different. Try making some new resolutions out of this list!
30 New Year’s Resolutions Every Mom Should Make This Year
- Scream less – Why should you allow everyone else to get you down?
- Spend more time on you! – Everyone else needs you all of the time, spend more time on Y-O-U!
- More adult time – Spend time more time with adults in 2016! You won’t regret this one.
- Be more childlike – There’s a reason kids spend their childhood carefree. Adults should practice this once in a while.
- Try something new – Do a few things you’ve never tried before. Skydiving anyone? (Well, maybe not this extreme – perhaps a little Yoga instead.)
- Go on more walks – Instead of pressuring yourself to exercise more, try going on more walks.
- Save more money – Put more money into your bank each week. Instead of telling yourself you’ll do it, just do it!
- Read more books – Whether you’re reading to your kids or digging into a book yourself, make it a resolution this year!
- Eat more cake – Instead of saying no to delicious cake, indulge once in a while.
- Say yes to the kids more often – In a world full of “no” don’t be afraid to say “yes” to the kiddos once in a while.
- Drink more water – Avoid extra pounds in 2016 by saying “no” to sugary drinks and just drink more water instead!
- More movie nights – Stay up late watching movies a few times this year! Why needs sleep anyways?
- Grab more naps this year -Although there’s laundry to be washed and dishes to be done, devote yourself to a nap when you need it!
- Put down the phone once in a while – Although we all know that your phone is your life source, come up for a breath once in a while.
- Call an old friend – Don’t let those old friends stay old, call them and catch up.
- Get family pictures taken – This is the year your family will have pictures taken – altogether.
- Start a journal – Not a blog, start a journal. Leave a written legacy for your kids.
- Splurge a little bit – Buying something you need and want once in a while is okay when you’re a mom.
- Learn to forgive yourself – Don’t be so hard on yourself all of the time!
- Go on dates with each one of your kids – Spending one on one time with each child is never a mistake.
- Give your parents a hug – You cherish those hugs your kids give you, don’t be shy about hugging your parents too.
- Get passionate about something – If you are for or against something, don’t be afraid to get in on the movement.
- Learn something new – Have you always wanted to learn something new? This is your year!
- Go with a new hairstyle – Have you had the same hairstyle for many years? Maybe this is the year you go for a little change.
- Have a game night – Establish a game night with your neighbours or family.
- Invite someone over for dinner – Invite someone you know over for dinner one night, hospitality is always welcome.
- Donate your time somewhere– If you can gather the time, make a New Year’s Resolution to give your time to someone or something that needs it.
- Travel a little– Even if you only go a mile west, travel a little!
- Teach your kids something new.
- Go on a few date nights with your spouse.
Planning a New Year’s resolution doesn’t need to be hard! Pick a few off this list and run with it. You may be afraid of failure, but you might just fly!
You Might Like...
Latest posts by Elizabeth (see all)
- Parenting Apps that Make Mom Life Easier - May 21, 2019
- How to Keep your Electrical Bill Low During the Summer - May 20, 2019
- What You NEED to Stock Up on During Summer Sales - May 17, 2019