When it comes to family Christmas dinner there is almost inevitably a kids’ table. Kids want to feel included and this Christmas Table Setting is a great way to make kids feel special, with their very own Christmas Table!
Red & White Christmas Table Setting for Kids
Here’s what you will need to recreate this look:
This is based on a setting of 4, so you will need to adjust it to fit your needs.
4 Red Charger Plates
4 White Plates – The Ones Shown are by American Atelier – Bianca Bead Round
4 Red & White Paper Plates
4 Sets of Silverware (if you want to save on time, you can use plastic silverware)
4 Red Mason Jars
4 Red & White Paper Straws
4 Snow Tall Glasses (or something similar)
4 Small Gift Bags with a small toy or present (optional)
4 Small White Feather Boas
Roll of White Paper
Roll of Christmas Wrapping paper
Santa Suit Christmas Silverware Holders
Red & White Chevron Blackboard – found at Hobby Lobby (optional)
For the Centre of the Table:
4 Green Christmas Trees. This is actually a craft project. So while the kids are sitting at the table waiting for their food, they can decorate their own Christmas Tree with small ornaments and paper (included in the package. Target carries this craft).
2 Sets of STRÅLA City LED Decoration Lightning (found at Ikea)
Hot Chocolate Tray:
4 White Mugs
Hot Chocolate (can be store bought or homemade)
Jar of Peppermint Sticks
Jar of Marshmallows
Whipped Cream Can
Additional Paper Straws
Optional: Candy, Sprinkles, other items to let them have fun with making their own hot Chocolate
- Roll out of white paper across the table
- Next, roll festive/Christmas wrapping paper on top (Using paper vs a tablecloth is IDEAL when it comes to the Kids’ tables. Plus it’s an easy clean-up)
- Place Red Chargers in each seat setting. Followed by the White Plates, and red & white paper plates.
- Next, wrap a white feather boa around each Red Charger.
- Add Silverware on one side (I don’t always follow the exact model of placing 5 pieces of Silverware on each place setting. Their kids. Just give them the basics)
- Add Red Mason Jars and Clear & Snowflakes cups (or skip this and just use Red Solo Cups)
- The Santa Claus Suits on each place setting are Silverware Holder Pockets (so instead of placing the silverware next to the plates, you can add them here).
- For the centerpiece: Add both Ikea Paper Silhouette City Lights Decoration (only found at Ikea or possibly Ebay).
- Then Place the Craft Christmas Trees throughout the table ( I also put the extra one at the end of the table)
- Optional: Add little gift bags at each place setting.
- Finish by adding the Hot Chocolate Tray, Food and another decor ideas to give this Kids’ Table a festive look. (I added empty boxes wrapped in wrapping paper, as well as a Red & White Chevron Blackboard)
Not everyone likes turkey, if that is the case try serving an alternative like my Baked Crispy Chicken with Provolone!
Try serving a fun dessert just for the kids like my Brownie and No Bake Cheesecake Christmas Sundae!