The last time we moved houses I ended up creating a giant pile of boxes loaded with gently used or brand new items that we just didn’t need. It’s funny how you can walk past the clutter constantly and just never think to pass it on to someone who might be able to use it.
Now that we are preparing to move again I am once again taking a look at the clutter our home has amassed over the past year. It’s truly incredible just the amount of stuff we have that we never actually use. It honestly just feels so good to purge periodically and help someone else at the same time.
If you are in need of motivation to purge your home, you will be glad to know that GLAD® has teamed up with Goodwill in Toronto and the G.T.A. to help drive donations for their Donate4Good program. GLAD® will be donating $10,000 + 10,000 black plastic bags to help you kick-start dealing with all that clutter.
To get started you can just drop by one of the 5 select Loblaws locations across Toronto on weekends from August through to October (check below for the schedule) to pick up your bag and then return them to donate!
It gets even better because for every Glad® bag returned with clothing and other gently used items, Glad will donate $1.50 to Goodwill up to a maximum of $8,000!
Loblaws Drop Off Dates & Locations
- Loblaws Yonge Street – August 14, 4pm-8pm and August 15, 10am-2pm
- Loblaws Leslie Street – August 28, 4pm-8pm and August 29, 10am-2pm
- Loblaws Musgrave Street – September 18, 4pm-8pm and September 19, 10am-2pm
- Loblaws Dundas Street W – October 2, 4pm-8pm and October 3, 10am-2pm
- Loblaws McLaughlin – October 23, 4pm-8pm and October 24, 10am-2pm
Not really sure what what to donate? Here are the Top 10 Most Wanted Items:
1) Clothing for men, women and children
2) Accessories (belts, purses and scarves)
3) Kitchen items (small countertop appliances, dishes, cutlery, posts and pans)
4) Shoes and boots
5) Linens (blankets, sheets and pillowcases)
6) Outerwear for all ages
7) Household decor
8) Kids games, puzzles and toys
9) Wall art, mirrors and picture frames
When you donate items to Goodwill, they are able to generate funds through their stores to allow them to provide skill development opportunities for people facing barriers to finding employment. They also employ over 600 people across 15 community stores and donation centres. Over 1.4 million people shopped at Goodwill last year which enabled Goodwill to help over 12, 000 people last year alone with their employment services. Of those people, 73% were able to successfully obtain employment.
The bonus is that when you donate your used goods they do not end up in a landfill which is where GLAD comes in. GLAD is truly committed to sustainability and believes in the importance of waste diversion.
So reduce your household clutter and donate to those in need while helping to divert waste from landfills! The Donate4Good program kicks off at the Yonge Street Loblaws on August 14, 2015, so start purging now!
Disclosure: This post was brought to you by GLAD, however all thoughts and opinions are honest and my own.