Celebrate family, friendship and fun in the surprise smash comedy hit of the year from the creators of How To Train Your Dragon and Shrek! In DreamWorks Animation’s HOME, Oh, a lovable misfit from another planet meets a girl named Tip. The two unlikely friends embark on the greatest journey of all time…the journey HOME. Hailed by critics as “an animated triumph” (CBS Radio News) that is “family fun with tons of heart” (Fox TV), Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will release DreamWorks Animation’s HOME PARTY EDITION on Digital HD June 26 and Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray™ and DVD July 28.
Directed by Tim Johnson (Over The Hedge, Antz), HOME features the voice talents of Golden Globe® and Emmy® winner Jim Parsons* (“The Big Bang Theory,” The Muppets), Grammy® winner Rihanna** (Battleship), Oscar® and Emmy® winner Steve Martin*** (The Pink Panther, Father of the Bride) and Golden Globe® nominee Jennifer Lopez (“American Idol,” Maid In Manhattan).
“HOME is smart, fun and funny” proclaims Bill Bergoli of CBS Radio. A hit with audiences and critics alike, the film received an outstanding audience reaction with a coveted “A” CinemaScore®.
The HOME Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital HD feature a Boov-tastic party of never-before-seen bonus features that will persuade the entire family to get their groove on, including “Oh’s Boovy Jukebox” of top tracks, “Oh’s Shake Your Boov Thing,” a toe-tapping, music video mash-up, hilarious deleted scenes, character-drawing tutorials and more!
DreamWorks Animation’s HOME Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray™ & Digital HD includes:
Feature film in high definition
- Best Party Ever! – A Boov-tastic introduction, featuring a HOME montage and voiceover from Oh, inviting you to enjoy all the out-of-this-world extras!
- Party Play All – A Boov bonus meter fills up as you watch the fun-packed special features, leading up to an explosion of color and bubbles!
- Oh’s Shake Your Boov Thing – Get up and dance with this exciting mash-up of feature footage and music that combines to create an exciting HOME dance video!
- “Feel the Light” by Jennifer Lopez – Music Video – Move and groove to the Boov beat watching Jennifer Lopez’s hit music video from the HOME soundtrack!
- “Feel the Light” by Jennifer Lopez – Lyric Video – Watch Jennifer Lopez’s hit music video with colorful on-screen lyrics to help you sing along!
- Oh’s Boovy Jukebox – Oh’s interactive jukebox includes 16 songs and will take you directly to all the magical music moments in HOME!
- Oh’s Party Planning Tips – Oh’s top tip’s for party planning let you create an impressive Boov bash of your own!
- This is Being Boov – Get to know all about the Boov in this humorous, handy guide showcasing the characteristics of this unique alien species!
- Almost Home – See the trials and tribulations of the Boov on their journey across the galaxy, before they discovered Earth!
- Testing Lab – See how the Boov tested out some uniquely human items in their super-secret Boov testing lab.
- Deleted Scenes – The hilarious HOME adventure continues with 25 minutes of deleted scenes you couldn’t see in theaters!
- Be an Artist! – Animator Andy Erekson introduces you to the HOME character drawing tutorials!
- Stars of Home – Meet the characters of HOME and the extremely talented human actors who voice them!
Get ready to watch with this super fun pack of FREE PRINTABLE HOME ACTIVITY SHEETS!
Since this edition first arrived in our mailbox we have been watching it pretty much constantly. In a twist on the usual story in my house, I’m actually not sick of watching it at all, and some of the replays have been me watching it by myself without the girls.
HOME is hands down my favourite movie of the year, and definitely my favourite since Frozen first graced our blu-ray player. It is smart, it is funny, it is sad and it is completely well done from animation to soundtrack to story. Everything gets an A+ for me.
Speaking of the soundtrack, I was totally blown away by the featured music throughout the movie. It worked so well but was just completely different from what you would expect to find in a family feature and it was used to perfection.
If you haven’t seen HOME, you need to run out and get a copy of the HOME PARTY EDITION. Like now. Seriously.
Have you watched HOME? What did you think?