If you have friends or family with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease it can be a challenge coming up with menus for holiday entertaining. It doesn’t have to be a challenge through with a little bit of imagination and the right ingredients. These Gluten-Free Spicy Ranch Turkey Bites are made with homemade wonton wrappers made with gluten-free flour. I have yet to find store-bought gluten free wonton wrappers which is kind of odd since you can get almost anything gluten-free, in any case, they are deceptively simple to make so don’t let that scare you off.
Hidden Valley® Ranch Original, Light, Spicy and Cheese Dressings are gluten-free, which means holiday food preparation just got a little bit easier for those of us who need to take gluten sensitivities into account in the kitchen.
Holiday Heads Up!
Hidden Valley® Ranch is more than just a salad dressing. In a pinch, Hidden Valley® Ranch Dressing can serve double duty in countless holiday recipes. Why not add some zest to your turkey marinade with Hidden Valley® Spicy Ranch, or infuse more creaminess into your mashed potatoes with a dash of Hidden Valley® Cheese Ranch?
These Gluten-Free Spicy Ranch Turkey Bites couldn’t be any tastier between the ground turkey, cheese, veggies and of course the Hidden Valley® Spicy Ranch Salad Dressing.
Gluten-Free Spicy Ranch Turkey Bites
Yields: Approx. 32
For the Wonton Wrappers:
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 lbs Ground Turkey
Salt and Pepper
1/2 Cup Red Sweet Pepper, chopped
1/2 cup Onion, chopped
1 tsp ground ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 Cups Cheddar. Pepper Jack and Mozzarella
1 cup Hidden Valley® Spicy Ranch Salad Dressing
For the Wonton Wrappers:
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups all purpose gluten free flour sifted
- Approx. 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 lbs Ground Turkey
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Red Sweet Pepper chopped1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Cups Cheddar. Pepper Jack and Mozzarella
- 1 cup Hidden Valley® Spicy Ranch Salad Dressing
- Lightly beat the egg and salt together then mix in 1/4 cup of water.
- In a large bowl create a well in the middle of the flour then pour in the egg and water mixture. Carefully incorporate the flour with the liquid.
- Add small additions of the water at a time in order to form a dough, kneading together until you are able to form a smooth dough. Keep in mind that less water is better than too much. It should form the consistency of play dough.
- Turn dough onto a heavily floured surface and roll out until very thin with a heavily floured rolling pin.
- Cut into 4 inch squares - a pizza cutter works great for this.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet heat oil over medium high heat and cook ground turkey through, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add Vegetables, Garlic and Ginger and saute until onion begins to soften.
- Place wonton wrappers into a greased muffin tin and bake for 5 minutes.
- Combine turkey mixture with cheese and ranch dressing.
- Fill baked cups with the mixture and bake for a further 10 minutes, or until wonton cups turn golden.