If you have friends or family with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease it can be a challenge coming up with menus for holiday entertaining. It doesn’t have to be a challenge through with a little bit of imagination and the right ingredients. These Gluten-Free Spicy Ranch Turkey Bites are made with homemade wonton wrappers made with gluten-free flour. I have yet to find store-bought gluten free wonton wrappers which is kind of odd since you can get almost anything gluten-free, in any case, they are deceptively simple to make so don’t let that scare you off.
Hidden Valley® Ranch Original, Light, Spicy and Cheese Dressings are gluten-free, which means holiday food preparation just got a little bit easier for those of us who need to take gluten sensitivities into account in the kitchen.
Holiday Heads Up!
Hidden Valley® Ranch is more than just a salad dressing. In a pinch, Hidden Valley® Ranch Dressing can serve double duty in countless holiday recipes. Why not add some zest to your turkey marinade with Hidden Valley® Spicy Ranch, or infuse more creaminess into your mashed potatoes with a dash of Hidden Valley® Cheese Ranch?
These Gluten-Free Spicy Ranch Turkey Bites couldn’t be any tastier between the ground turkey, cheese, veggies and of course the Hidden Valley® Spicy Ranch Salad Dressing.
Gluten-Free Spicy Ranch Turkey Bites
Yields: Approx. 32
For the Wonton Wrappers:
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 lbs Ground Turkey
Salt and Pepper
1/2 Cup Red Sweet Pepper, chopped
1/2 cup Onion, chopped
1 tsp ground ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 Cups Cheddar. Pepper Jack and Mozzarella
1 cup Hidden Valley® Spicy Ranch Salad Dressing
For the Wonton Wrappers:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a skillet heat oil over medium high heat and cook ground turkey through, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Add Vegetables, Garlic and Ginger and saute until onion begins to soften.
Place wonton wrappers into a greased muffin tin and bake for 5 minutes.
Combine turkey mixture with cheese and ranch dressing.
Fill baked cups with the mixture and bake for a further 10 minutes, or until wonton cups turn golden.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups all purpose gluten free flour sifted
- Approx. 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 lbs Ground Turkey
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Red Sweet Pepper chopped1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Cups Cheddar. Pepper Jack and Mozzarella
- 1 cup Hidden Valley® Spicy Ranch Salad Dressing
- Lightly beat the egg and salt together then mix in 1/4 cup of water.
- In a large bowl create a well in the middle of the flour then pour in the egg and water mixture. Carefully incorporate the flour with the liquid.
- Add small additions of the water at a time in order to form a dough, kneading together until you are able to form a smooth dough. Keep in mind that less water is better than too much. It should form the consistency of play dough.
- Turn dough onto a heavily floured surface and roll out until very thin with a heavily floured rolling pin.
- Cut into 4 inch squares - a pizza cutter works great for this.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet heat oil over medium high heat and cook ground turkey through, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add Vegetables, Garlic and Ginger and saute until onion begins to soften.
- Place wonton wrappers into a greased muffin tin and bake for 5 minutes.
- Combine turkey mixture with cheese and ranch dressing.
- Fill baked cups with the mixture and bake for a further 10 minutes, or until wonton cups turn golden.