Since my husband is Jamaican I can’t really get away with “boring” meals. He requires spice and flavour in everything or else it gets covered in pepper sauce. We both agree that flavour is important but so are healthy, fresh and good quality ingredients. With VH sauces we can have our healthy homemade meals with a burst of exciting flavours.
I was sent a VH package to help excite our dinners and it really helped to create interesting new meals and flavour combinations I have not tried before.
I used the VH® Sweet Thai Chili Sauce to create some super tasty Grilled Sweet Chili Flatbreads and the VH® Medium Garlic Rib Sauce in Eggplant Stacks with Tomato and Mozzarella. The tangy flavour of the Chili Sauce combined with the saltiness of the goat cheese was really good, I hadn’t actually expected the flatbreads to go over so well. As for the Eggplant stacks, I have made these before, but adding rib sauce was a new idea and it was delicious!
I look forward to using more VH sauces to put together some of the recipes that can be found on VH’s Facebook page and continue to add fun and easy new twists to our everyday menu!
Prep Time: 2 min. | Cook Time: 8 min. | Serves: 4
- 4 Greek style flatbreads (about 7”)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) VH® Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled goat cheese
- PAM® Grilling SprayDirections
Divide the VH® Sweet Thai Chili Sauce among each of the flatbreads, spreading over entire surface. Sprinkle with green onions and crumbled goat cheese over top.
Spray grill with PAM® Grilling Spray and heat to medium-low. Grill flatbreads with lid closed for 8 minutes or until top is warmed through and base is crispy.
Cut into wedges and serve.
Prep Time: 15 min. | Cook Time: 15 min. | Serves: 4
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggplants, sliced in 12 slices about ½” thick
- ¼ cup (50 mL) Italian –style bread crumbs
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cans (each 540 mL/19 oz) Aylmer® Accents Petite Cut Tomatoes with Garlic and Olive Oil, drained
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) VH® Medium Garlic Rib Sauce
- PAM® Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). In large skillet, heat 2 tbsp (30 mL) of oil over medium-high heat. Add a layer of eggplant; fry until lightly golden on both sides, adding more oil as needed, about 2 minutes per side. Remove eggplant to plate. Repeat process until all eggplant is golden. Place eggplant in single layer on foil lined baking sheet sprayed with PAM® Cooking Spray.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs equally over eggplant. Sprinkle cheese over bread crumbs. Place in preheated oven; bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine Aylmer® Accents Petite Cut Tomatoes with Garlic and Olive Oil and VH® Medium Garlic Rib Sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove eggplant from oven; assemble stacks, starting with a piece of eggplant, then a dollop of tomato sauce. Repeat process and top with the third eggplant slice. Place any remaining tomatoes on plate. Serve warm.
Tip: This dish is great as a substantial appetizer or as a meal served with a crispy green salad and crusty bread.
Disclosure – I am participating in the VH Excite Your Dinner blog tour by enCompass Media on behalf of Con Agra Foods.