This time of year I begin craving hot comfort foods for dinner but definitely still appreciate easy to make recipes. I created this recipe to fulfill a need for both spice and comfort. To be honest I was never a fan of Tuna. Growing up I never once was served a Tuna casserole! After being starved in the hospital for hours and hours when my water broke and being given the most wonderful meal of my life which involved a Tuna sandwich, I’ve been addicted.
Chipotle-Habanero Cheesy Tuna Casserole
3 Cups Elbow Macaroni (or other suitable pasta)
2 Cans Clover Leaf Chipotle Chunk White Tuna* (Do not drain oil)
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup (Ready to Enjoy or Prepare with Milk as directed on can)
2 Cups Kraft Habanero Heat Shredded Cheese** with another 1/2 Cup Reserved
*You can Substitute 2 cans plain white tuna and add a Chipotle pepper finely chopped along with 1 TBSP Olive Oil
**You can Substitute a mix of Pepper Jack, Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses
1) Prepare the Pasta as per package directions then drain.
2) Preheat Oven to 350 degrees Fehrenheit
3) Mix prepared soup, tuna and 2 cups shredded cheese in casserole dish.
4) Mix in drained pasta and then level out mixture for even cooking.
5) Top evenly with reserved shredded cheese
6) Bake 30 minutes. If you prefer a crunchy top allow cheese to brown slightly. (Approx. another 10 minutes)
You Might Like...
Latest posts by Elizabeth (see all)
- The Worst Parenting Mistakes and How to Avoid Them - September 23, 2019
- Oil Pastel Haunted House Craft for Kids - September 16, 2019
- Vampire Cupcakes - September 11, 2019