This Rainbow Cloud Mobile kids craft is a fun project for a rainy spring afternoon with preschoolers and older children. This sweet cloud and twizzler rainbow craft for kids is a great spring project!
Add some color to your kids’ crafting with this rainbow mobile!
Rainbow Cloud Mobile
1 piece white construction paper or felt piece
1 piece orange construction paper
White plastic lacing cord
12.4 oz bag Rainbow Twizzlers
2 medium googly eyes
How to Assemble:
1. Cut out a large cloud shape from the white construction paper or piece of felt.
2. Cut out a sun shape from the orange construction paper. Glue the googly eyes on the sun. Draw a large smile with the black marker. Set aside.
3. With the hole punch, punch 6 holes along the bottom of the cloud, evenly spaced. Punch one single hole at the top of the cloud, directly in the middle.
4. Cut out (6) 13 inch laces from the plastic cording. Tie a knot at the end of each one.
5. Set aside 2 Twizzlers each of the following colours of the rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple.
6. With a kitchen shears or scissors, cut each Twizzlers piece into 5-6 individual pieces.
7. Lace each plastic cord with a different colour of Twizzlers. Be sure to leave about 2 inches free up at the top of each cord to assist in tying a knot behind the cloud.
8. The colours of the rainbow, from left to right, are: red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple. This is the colour order you want to use as you insert each cord through the hole at the bottom of the cloud and tie a knot behind it.
9. Insert a white plastic cord (about 8-10 inches long) and pull it through the top hole of the mobile. Make a knot at the end.
10. Apply glue to the cloud and insert cotton balls all over it, filling the cloud completely.
11. Glue the bottom part of the sun onto the back of the cloud (up at the top of the cloud, on the right side) to look like its peeking out from the cloud.
12. Hang the rainbow mobile for all to see! Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
You Might Like...
Latest posts by Elizabeth (see all)
- Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese - December 7, 2018
- How to Extend the Life of your Real Christmas Tree - December 3, 2018
- Candy Cane Christmas Tree Ornament - November 28, 2018