Blogging is a great way for many people to make money, and a large majority of the Internet is made up of such money-making blogs. If you want to make money blogging, you’re in luck! It’s not as easy as you may think, and it does take some time and dedication. It can be a great way to make extra income, or with dedication can bring in a full-time income. Whatever the reason, take a look at how to do it and be successful at it.
How I Did It
How You Can Do It
Set Up Your Blog for Success
Create a Professional Appearance
These are quick tips, meant to use in conjunction with my post about how to start a blog.
Income Sources for Bloggers
- AdSense: they show image and text based ads on your page, and you make money when people click on them.
- Private Ads: Sell ad space on your bog or in your newsletter! Really, it is that easy. This will vary from month to month and does require you to work with advertisers.
- Ad-Networks: Ad networks act as a middle man between advertisers and publishers and negotiate partnership details between the two. They take a cut of the profit but this is still very beneficial as they can often create more lucrative deals than selling private ads not to mention consistency. I use SheBlogs as my primary Canadian ad network and I’m currently using Gourmet Ads to monetize my American pageviews.
Other Forms of Advertising
- Affiliate Programs: advertise for programs or products similar to your blog content, then have people mention you referred them. The affiliate program pays you per referral.
- Amazon Associates: work with Amazon (advertising, linking to the site, etc) to make money. People follow the links from your site, and you make money through Amazon. This does take some time, because your posts need to make sense, the links to products need to be relevant to the post, and you do have to research the products on Amazon.
- Sponsored Posts: If you are comfortable writing adverts on your blog for brands this can be quite lucrative. If you opt to offer sponsored posts you will want to make sure it fits your voice and your blog.
- Marketing Firms with Blogger Programs: They will often offer paid reviews or sponsored content to bloggers. Mom Central, Massive Sway, Blog Her etc.. are all examples.
Your Own Products
- E-Books: Write an E-book on a subject related to your blog. You can then use your blog to get people interested, as well as to promote your book for free.
- Continuity Programs: This one is pretty new for most bloggers. This is a program where you charge a small membership fee for subscribers, but you provide them a service or your expertise in an area.
- Other Income: Small advertising programs, speaking fees (if you get big enough in blogging), and teaching classes about your blogging topic (or on how to make money blogging).
What is your highest source of income on your blog?
More Blogging Resources for SUCCESS!
You Might Like...
Latest posts by Elizabeth (see all)
- Unicorn Succulent Planter - March 20, 2018
- DIY Sharpie Galaxy Shoes - March 19, 2018
- Sharpie Watercolor Ocean Preschool-K Printable Pack - March 14, 2018