Summer is here and summer break is upon us which means many parents are looking for ways to keep their children busy. I know very well the need to find new ways to keep children happy and entertained.
Since I am a work at home mom, I typically spend the morning hours working while the kids play together in the playroom. Sometimes there is TV involved when I really need to be able to concentrate. To make up for the morning though I dedicate my afternoons to getting creative with the girls.
Sometimes we bake “together”, sometimes we just colour and other times we get super crafty and I pull out my bin of fun stuff which includes everything from pipe-cleaners to the dreaded glitter. Yes, keeping kids happy can be messy work.
Don’t let the thought of the mess scare you though, you can feel free to tackle these super fun summer activities for kids thanks to Green Works.
1) Decorate a Bird House
Have fun decorating a birdhouse to help liven up your summer yard! For this project you will need:
1 birdhouse You can find wooden birdhouses at Dollarama to decorate.
Paint and Paintbrush
Start by getting your child to paint the birdhouse from top to bottom.
The brighter the colours the better!
Next have them use the glitter, feathers and stickers to create a unique look for their birdhouse.
Once the paint is dry you can fill it with bird feed and use the fishing wire to hang it in your yard.
Keira loved the entire process of this easy craft and now enjoys looking out the kitchen window at her birdhouse.
2) Build a Kite!
Build, decorate and fly a kit! Seriously the most fun you could have in the form of one small project.
1 Kite Kit with Spool and String
Decorate your kite with the fabric paint and glitter glue. Get creative with your design!
Build your kite according to kit directions.
Wait for a windy day and take your kite out for a flight!
I’ve actually never flown a kite before so this was a first for both Keira and myself. We actually had the opportunity to take the kite to the park yesterday since it was a perfectly windy day. I honestly have to say that I feel like I’ve been missing out on kite flying all these years. What an incredibly relaxing and fun activity – whether you are a child or just a child at heart.
3) Make Ice Pops
Make Ice Pops together and then enjoy them after playing out in the summer sun! These Watermelon Kiwi Popsicles look as fun as they are to make and taste delicious too!
4) Make Dairy Free Ice Cream
Sometimes you just need a cool treat that ice pops won’t satisfy. This Dairy-Free Strawberry Banana Ice Cream recipe is super healthy but tastes just like real ice cream, and it’s no churn so its fun to make together as a family.
5) Build a Fairy Garden
Fairy Gardens can range from the ultra detailed to just a simple craft like this fairy door. The fairy door is great for kids to make because its so simple but results in such cute garden decor.
6) Design Your Own Flip Flops
These Ribbon Flip Flops are another easy craft kids can do to liven up pairs of plain flip flops.
7) Combine Learning and Fun
Fight the Summer Slide with fun educational crafts and activities for your little ones. Check out these Bee Inspired Crafts and Kids Activities to get you started! Need to cool down? Then these summer water activities for kids should hit the spot!
Clean up all that glitter and glue when the fun is over with Green Works Naturally-Derived All Purpose Cleaner, Green Works Naturally Derived Cleaning Wipes and Green Works Naturally Derived Glass & Surface Cleaner. I got them working for me after Keira was done and returned my living room from a glitter and paint covered disaster zone back into my clean glitter-free place of zen.
I’ve actually been using Green Works cleaning products since I first came across them long before I ever even considered blogging so I love being a Glorious Mess Maker so I can share my love for these products with you. I am always genuine in my words about various products and brands but I think sometimes you can just feel that sometimes I’m a little bit more excited about some products than others.
Green Works is just one of those products that I keep going back to because they work so well and are so incredibly affordable. I know I can trust Green Works to help me keep on top of any summer messes – from glitter bombed rooms to little fingerprints on my windows. I just know I am covered and that helps me relax and let the kids have fun!
A bit about Green Works Products:
Green Works All Purpose Cleaner
- made with plant and mineral based ingredients. Use it on counters, appliances, stainless steel, sealed granite, chrome, cook top hoods, sinks and toilets to cut through grease, grime and dirt. It packs a powerful punch for indoor and outdoor cleaning.
Green Works Dishwashing Liquid
- dermatologist-tested and made with plant-based biodegradable cleaning ingredients. It removes grease and baked-on-food, so dishes will be clean and shiny without harsh chemical residue.
Green Works Compostable Cleaning Wipes
- are 100% wood-based fibers and powered by coconut based cleaners, so you can clean up those irksome spills and messes on non-wood surfaces, acrylic, fiberglass and vinyl with ease.
Green Works Dishwasher Detergent Pacs
- tackle stubborn food stains and cut through tough filmy residue, greasy, and baked-on or hardened foods. Your dishes will sparkle and shine. No worry of any harsh chemical residue being left behind.
Green Works Glass and Surface Cleaner
- is made using naturally-derived ingredients such as essential oils and coconut based cleaners. It cuts through tough filmy residues to leave surfaces shiny and streak-free!
Green Works Bathroom Cleaner
- is made using naturally-derived ingredients such as essential oils and coconut based cleaners. It powers through tough dirt, soap scum, rust and hard water stains with ease.
For more information visit Green Works®!
You can also join the Glorious Mess Makers Movement! If your making messes, take photos of them and post them on Facebook and Instagram! From June 8th to July 31th all participants using the hashtag #gloriousmesses , you can have the chance to be featured on the Green Works® website!
You Might Like...
Latest posts by Elizabeth (see all)
- DIY Sharpie Galaxy Shoes - March 19, 2018
- Sharpie Watercolor Ocean Preschool-K Printable Pack - March 14, 2018
- Unicorn Headbands - March 8, 2018