I was inspired by the recent delivery of some amazingly fresh organic products by Donate Naturally (Review will be posted Friday so check back for that) to cook my family a treat for breakfast using the organic milk, eggs, apples and bakery fresh bread. French Toast immediately came to mind and I was able to come up with a delicious Maple-Walnut Apple Topping to go with it using these wonderful ingredients!
- 4 Thick Cut slices of Bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 Cup milk
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 medium sized apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup (or Table Syrup)
- ¼ Cup chopped walnuts
- 1) Whisk the egg and milk in a large shallow bowl.
- 2) Evenly coat both sides each slice of bread in the egg mix.
- 3) Melt 1 tbsp butter over medium heat in frying pan.
- 4) Fry bread until until golden brown on each side. You may need to add more butter between slices.
- 5) Meanwhile, in a small pan, saute the sliced apples, butter, syrup and walnuts until the apples soften.
- 6) Top the French Toast with the topping and Serve.
What is your favourite topping for French Toast?