New Years Eve often involves a party of some sort which can easily empty your wallet without careful planning and consideration. This New Years Eve you can have it all – a great party without having to part ways with your hard earned cash. Here are some tips to save on your New Years Celebration.
1) Rather than go out for dinner and a dance why not enjoy your evening at home. A nice homemade dinner and watching the countdown on tv can be 10x cheaper or more than Packaged New Years Eve Party “deals” hosted at banquet halls and restaurants. Invite some of your close friends to make it even more fun.
2) If you are holding a party use real plates and glasses rather than plastic or paper. Not only is it better for the environment but it also saves you money. Real dishes also look a lot classier than disposable ones.
3) If you have any Christmas cookies left from all that baking you did before the Holidays this is a great chance to serve them and wow your guests with your amazing baking skills.
4) Consider hosting a potluck if you are organizing a party. This will save you from spending a lot on food and drink and will also provide more variety for everyone at mealtime.
5) Encourage your guests to bring their own alcoholic beverages. Alcohol is definitely the most expensive part of a party so you can avoid spending a lot of cash by asking your guests to bring their own. A bonus is that everyone will have exactly what they want to drink. Do have a good variety of mixers on hand.
If BYOB is not your style, consider making a large bowl of punch or other batch mixed drink to serve your guests. Rather than buying brand name liquor you can get away with buying cheaper varieties since it will be mixed with other ingredients.
6) Don’t worry about decorations, silly hats or horns. It’s a waste of money and most of your guests will be relieved not to have to bother.
7) If you and your friends all have younger children consider dropping them all off at one parents house and hiring a babysitter together to cut down on the cost of babysitting. To make it more fun for the children, make it a sleep over as well.