There are times once your new baby has been brought home that her Dad may feel left out of the bonding process. This is especially true if baby is being breastfeed. There are many ways, however, for dad to spend more time with their babies in order to create that special bond early on.
One of the most effective bonding activities is Kangaroo care and this can easily be practiced by Dad! (As pictured!)
Some other activities Dad can get in on that promote early bonding include the following:
- Attending and participating in the delivery.
- Changing Diapers
- Feeding Bottles if Formula Feeding or Once Breastfeeding is established
- Bathing baby
- Singing Baby to sleep
- Reading to Baby
- Playing together*
Our Daughter loves playing and feeling her Dad’s face because it is very different from mine. She loves feeling his beard and stubble. This is a great way for baby to explore and bond with Dad.
*This is such an amazing resource for Mom’s and Dad’s alike. It lists different playtime activities that are appropriate for each age. We had and still have a lot of fun with some of the suggestions for games.
You Might Like...
Latest posts by Elizabeth (see all)
- Unicorn Succulent Planter - March 20, 2018
- DIY Sharpie Galaxy Shoes - March 19, 2018
- Sharpie Watercolor Ocean Preschool-K Printable Pack - March 14, 2018